Chantilly's Whipped Cream

The Dairy factory was built in 1754, within the park of the Château of Chantilly (the building no longer exists). When visiting the premises, the Princes' guests were offered ice cream, fruits and all sorts of cream delicacies. In 1774, the construction of the Hameau, a village of seven cottages of rustic appearance, homes to luxurious interior settings, completed the ensemble. The first mention of the now infamous Chantilly whipped cream appears June 18, 1784, in a text written by the Baroness of Oberkirch about a lunch at the Hameau. (© "Chantilly, City of Art and History" - Sarah Gillois )
A creamy, frothy and subtle preparation of immaculate whiteness, Crème Chantilly is loved around the world. Known in the Anglo-Saxon countries under the name of "whipped cream", it has however kept its French name in many countries, taking the Chantilly culinary tradition beyond our...